Online exam – Exams are provided electronically via the PECB Exams application. The use of electronic devices, such as tablets and cell phones, is not allowed. The exam session is supervised remotely by a PECB Invigilator via the PECB Exams application and an external/integrated camera. Currently, PECB Exams application is available on Windows (7, 8, 10 and 11) and MAC OS
Steps to take before scheduling an exam:
- Use your Coupon Code that is available in your PECB Dashboard/ My Courses tab. It is applicable to schedule the exam first attempt, exam retake and certification application with a validity of 12 months from receive date.
- Schedule the exam in the most convenient date and time. Find the available seats here
- An email with a link to download the PECB Exams application will be sent as an approval for your exam schedule within 24 hours from the application date
- Download and test the requirements in the PECB Exams application at least 24 hours before the exam date
The exams contain 80 multiple-choice questions: This format has been chosen because it has proven to be effective and efficient for measuring and assessing learning outcomes related to the defined competency domains. The multiple-choice exam can be used to evaluate a candidate’s understanding on many subjects, including both simple and complex concepts. When answering these questions, candidates will have to apply various principles, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives, combine several concepts or ideas, etc. The multiple-choice questions are scenario based, which means they are developed based on a scenario that candidates are asked to read and are expected to provide answers to one or more questions related to that scenario.
Exams are Open-book where candidates are allowed to use the following reference materials when taking the exam:
1. Chief Information Security Officer
a. Training course materials (accessed through PECB Exams app and/or printed)
b. Any personal notes taken during the training course (accessed through PECB Exams app and/or printed)
c. A hard copy dictionary
2. NIS Directive 2.0
a. A hard copy of main standard (ISO 22361:2022)
b. Training course materials (accessed through PECB Exams app and/or printed)
c. Any personal notes taken during the training course (accessed through PECB Exams app and/or printed
d. A hard copy dictionary
Exams duration is 3 hours. Additional time of 30 minutes for non-native English speakers, information indicated in the verification step before taking the exam.